Full-Time Production Support Developer (Level 3 Support)
NOTE: This job listing has expired and may no longer be relevant!
Production Support Developer (Level 3 Support)
As a Production Support Analyst you will work as part of team devoted to making sure that the existing software architecture within the business is working well and being used efficiently. You will be involved with a blend of programming and administration tasks; working with various stakeholders to resolve technical problems through analysis, diagnosis and solution definition. The role will require a balance of technical skills, business knowledge, troubleshooting expertise, and excellent soft skills.
Responsibilities include (but are not limited to):-
• Provide technical and application support to the 24×7 operation (on a rota basis) of the production environment ensuring that Service Delivery meets the required standard.
• Deliver professional 3rd line application support for middleware and integration systems, performing in-depth root cause analysis or request fulfilment
• Drive excellence in application monitoring, log mining and performance tuning.
• Identify opportunities for more effective use of resource across the operations, 2nd Line and 3rd line support teams through co-operation, knowledge sharing, optimum allocation of tasks
• Produce high quality support documentation and diagrams on collaborative platforms e.g. Wiki
• Investigate and prioritize requests for support raised by business users.
• Investigate root cause and impact of incidents and escalate where appropriate.
• Ensure all investigations and work undertaken is logged in a timely and comprehensive manner.
• Monitor progress of requests for support and ensure users and other interested parties are kept informed.
• Document and implement work rounds and revised procedures for both Application Support and Operations teams.
• Complete regular tasks to ensure system availability and follow up exceptions accordingly.
• Ensure correct procedures are followed and SLAs achieved when progressing tasks and that procedures and checklists are kept up to date.
• Focus on completing work within agreed timescales and reducing any downtime and operational impact
• Adhere to appropriate departmental and company procedures and policies: change control, security, auditing, release promotion, configuration management, incident management
• Change Implementation
o Participate in the planning and implementation of software and configuration changes to the live environment in accordance with release instructions, agreed service impacts and timescales.
o Work alongside project teams (analysts, developers, testers and implementation managers) during software release.
o Work with the operations team to ensure changes are implemented and handed over appropriately and ensure updates are made to operational procedures.
• 3+ years of experience as an Application/Production Support Developer/SQL developer or similar role.
• Experience in a Windows based 24/7 environment including 3rd line support
• Strong technical experience in SQL Server
• Knowledge in web services and vb.net desirable
• Experience in an low latency, high volume application support role, administering, configuring & maintaining some of the following multi-tier environment:
o OpsView (Nagios)
o MS SQL/Windows
o Scripting/coding experience in Python or Powershell.
• A logical approach and ability to think outside the box when problem solving and the flexibility to work in a fast changing 24/7 operational support environment
• Bachelor’s degree in Information Systems, Computer Science or equivalent technical discipline.
• Ability to deal with both technical and non-technical staff and all levels of management
• Excellent organisational, interpersonal skills
• A great communicator
How to ApplyEmail: firstname.lastname@example.org
73 total views, 1 today